2017-2018 Dress Code
No student will be permitted to wear clothing that creates a disturbance in the learning environment. To be in compliance with the dress code for South Fort Myers High School is the responsibility of each student.
The following are general guidelines to ensure that South Fort Myers High School students are appropriately dressed for school.
- Pajama bottoms
- Bedroom slippers
- Headgear (hoods, hats, bandanas, sunglasses)
- Blankets, pillows, and/or stuffed animals
- Any articles of clothing or jewelry that can cause injury (i.e. chains, bracelets, rings, chokers)
- Adornments that are attached to exposed body parts other than the ear
- Tank tops
- Any apparel or symbols that may be gang related
Shirts & blouses:
- Must be long enough to be tucked in and remain tucked in when arms are raised above the head
- Back and stomach must be covered at all times
- Strapless, low-cut clothing, halters, tube-tops, and tank tops are not allowed
- Tops may not be see through
- Shirts are not permitted to include any of the following: alcohol, drugs, tobacco, profanity and sexual activities
Jeans, shorts, skirts & dresses:
- Pants with any size holes, tears, rips, etc. where skin can is showing are not acceptable above the knee
- Skirts, dresses and shorts must be knee length
- Splits may not be higher than the knee
- Underneath clothing material in sheer dresses/skirts must meet knee length requirements
- Sagging is not permitted. Pants and shorts must be worn at the waist at all times and secured with a belt
The final decision as to whether an item is appropriate for school rests with the school administration.
Students who choose to dress inappropriately will be subject to disciplinary action.