South’s AP Capstone Diploma prepares students for success with their college and career goals. Click here to read the AP Capstone Presentation if you missed it at Open House!
Students have the opportunity to begin working toward college credit by taking AP Courses their freshmen year.
AP courses are recognized by colleges and universities world-wide as the standard of excellence in academic achievement.
Unlike other advanced curriculum programs, AP Capstone provides students with academic choices in selecting courses that fit their areas of expertise and interests. AP Capstone provides students added support and a special diploma upon completion of the program.
Students in AP Capstone are still able to take one of our 12 Career Academy courses and participate in athletics and clubs.
Click here to read more about the AP Capstone Program.
What is AP Capstone?
- AP capstone is a program built on student customization. Students take multiple AP classes in areas of their own interest in conjunction with the required courses of Seminar (junior year) and Research (senior year).
- Student efforts in the AP capstone program are rewarded in two possible ways:
- AP Capstone Diploma
- Earn a 3 or higher on the AP Seminar and AP Research exams
- Earn a 3 or higher on four additional AP exams of their choosing.
- AP Research and Seminar Certificate
- Earn a 3 or higher on AP Seminar and AP Research exams.
- Additional info regarding the capstone program can be accessed here
- AP Capstone - Informational Presentation for Students and Parents.pdf
- Contact Mrs. Kati Morris [email protected] or Mr. Steven Wilkie [email protected] (AP Capstone Coordinators)